Features of Xiaomi Mi Band 7
The most obvious change in the move to the Mi Band 7 is unquestionably the tracker’s new larger display.
While it maintains the signature pill shape of its predecessor, it’s now approximately 25% larger (according to Xiaomi), measuring in at 1.62in; with a higher resolution (490×192) to ensure it’s just as sharp as before (326ppi).
The added screen real estate afforded to Xiaomi by this larger full-colour always-on AMOLED panel has allowed for a reworked UI that can serve up more information at a glance, while some of the 100+ watch faces include animated elements that – thanks to a new chipset – should look smoother.
The Mi Band 7 offers continuous heart rate and (improved) blood oxygen tracking, as well as support for breathing exercises, stress evaluation and female cycle tracking.
Expanding on the 120 supported sport modes, the 7 can also offer insights on VO2 Max, training load, recovery time, training effect. There are four ‘professional’ sport modes (as part of that 120), with automatic workout detection for some activities.
Outside of the Band 7’s activity tracking chops, the wearable also has inbuilt tools like a flashlight, remote camera and music controls (on compatible phones), timers (including the Pomodoro timer), weather, alarms and more.
The NFC model, which for now remains a Chinese exclusive, supports Alipay and WeChat Pay, however, the added functionality sucks a day from that promised 15-day battery life. The Xiao AI assistant also features, granting smart home control with compatible IoT devices.
Xiaomi Mi Band 7’s full spec:
- 1.62in 490×192 AMOLED display
- Always-on support
- Up to 500nits brightness
- 2.5D tempered glass
- Polycarbonate body
- 160mm to 224mm interchangeable antibacterial TPU straps
- Aluminum alloy buckle
- Vibration motor
- Optical heart rate sensor
- Blood oxygen saturation monitoring
- Six-axis motion sensor
- 5ATM water resistance
- 100+ watch faces
- 120 sport modes
- Contactless Alipay & WeChat Pay support (NFC model only)
- Smart home control via Xiao AI (NFC model only)
- Bluetooth 5.2 LE
- 180mAh battery
- 15-day battery life (standard model) | 14-day battery life (NFC model)
- Full charge = Two hours
- 2 POGO pin magnetic charging
- 46.5mm x 20.7mm x 12.25mm
- Standard band colors: White, black, light blue, cream, dark green, orange
- Special band colors: Camouflage blue, camouflage green, fluorescent yellow, fluorescent orange
- 13.5 grams (standard model) | 13.8 grams (NFC model)
- Supports Android 6.0/iOS 10 and up
Despite everything the Mi Band line continues to bring to the table, it still lacks a handful of popular wearable features. Namely, GPS (which some have speculated could arrive on a Band 7 Pro) and any sort of speaker integration.
- 1.62-inch 2.5D curved AMOLED Screen.
- Support up to 120 exercise modes.
- All-day blood oxygen monitoring.
- Support 24hours heart rate monitoring.
- Up to 15 days battery life, convenient Magnetic Charging.
- Connect via Bluetooth 5.2.
- Waterproof, 5ATM water resistance.
- Language: Chinese, English.